Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Teacher Desk Area

My teacher desk area used to be two massive black metal desks.  They took up so much room it was crazy.  I downsized.  Here are a few pictures of what I now have for my area of the classroom.
The above is a view of my entire teacher area.  I have 25 students in my class. Therefore my small group table has to be used a a student table as well.


 My desk supplies are in the mini clear drawers that you may see at Target or Walmart.  I did decide to label these.  Some clear drawers I do not label, seeing as how they are clear.  But there are quite a few little teeny tiny things that could get forgotten if I did not label.
 These items above are some small group manipulatives as well as extra supplies that are larger.
 All my papers for the week are sorted into days of the week drawers.
 All of my most important binders and folders are kept at the bottom of my shelf.  This is the only shelf that houses my things.  Any extra PD books are stored in my back storage area.
 I downsized my computer desk.  This is a tremendous change.  The other I had was 3 times this size.
 I was surprised when downsizing just how many different places I kept pens, pencils, highlighters, markers, scissors, rulers, etc.  Now I have one little bucket that keeps everything!  My students even know this is where every writing utensil I own belongs so I sometimes ask them to grab me something if I am situated across the room and they can also return things for me too!



This is where most of my working gets done.  I will say, things do accumulate, but due to the fact that this is a shared workspace for both my students and myself, it is a motivator to keep it clean and tidy. Below you see my little filing system.  This idea I received from a pin on Pinterest from MissKindergartenLove.  It just so happens that this little system fits very well in my teacher bag, again another pin from NotJustTeach blogsopt.  This way I can take it home too to get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment