Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Table Tubs

 This idea is a combination of two different fellow teachers' ideas.  Someone out there probably has the same idea.  Here it is: a college plastic bath tote combined with cups makes perfect sense in helping students organizing their table tub supplies. Below is a top view of one table's tub.


As you can see I have many different supplies in one compact space.  I thought the tubs would be too big at first, but really they work perfectly. I have coordinated scissor color with the tub color.  This way stray scissors are returned without much work.  Students have use of two types of glue, crayons, markers, pencils, and pink erasers (pencil erasers and toppers never last in Kindergarten).  Here is a side view of the tub:


I numbered my tables with the simple peel and stick letters and numbers you can find at Walmart for projects.  I set the number to the side because I figured that later I may add pictures of shapes, or coins, to name the tables which would give students more practice with these.  Overall, these have worked out great! They also clean easily with a magic eraser for the following year! 






No comments:

Post a Comment